Are you a highly motivated, results-oriented individual with excellent leadership/management and communications skills who loves working in a beautiful setting in the Sierra Foothills, working with a passionate, talented team?
The Executive Director (ED) of the Amador Tuolumne Community Action Agency (ATCAA) has full responsibility for the organization, including the implementation of the policies approved by the Board of Directors. S/he will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for staff, programs, expansion, and execution of the Agency’s mission. Primary areas of responsibility include administrative oversight and compliance, community relations/public relations, and program development and oversight.
The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for the successful leadership of the organization, according to the direction set by the Board. The ED is accountable for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission, strategic goals, and financial objectives. The ED will lead the ATCAA staff and report to the Board of Directors.
Amador and Tuolumne Counties are nestled in the Mother Lode Gold Country in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountain range in northern California. The combined population of the two counties is approximately 100,000. ATCAA was formed in 1981 as a public agency, through a Joint Powers Agreement (JPA) between Amador and Tuolumne Counties. Currently, ATCAA has approximately 160 staff, $9 million dollar budget and 50 service contracts.
Our Mission Statement
- To help individuals in Amador and Tuolumne counties toward self-sufficiency,
- To assist local residents in becoming involved and contributing members of our community,
- To promote family and other supportive environments so that children, youth, and elders can achieve their maximum potential,
- And finally, to form partnerships and coalitions within the community to meet these needs.
- BA/BS in related field
- 5 years in senior management experience
- 5 years of government or non- profit – contracts management
- Demonstrated experience in administrative financial and budgetary control
- Experience with program management
- Experience in collaborating with funding sources and community partners
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities; excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Experience in organizational management with the ability to lead and coach staff, to manage and develop high-performance teams, and to set and achieve strategic objectives
- Understanding of non-profit/government financial principles, with the ability to read and understand financial statements, including involvement with the audit,
- Ability to develop and implement strategic plans and goals for the organization ability to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office systems, (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- MA/MS in related field
- Demonstrated ability to work in collaboration with and for Board of Directors
- Experience as Executive Director with high-level supervision
- Experience in data-driven program evaluation
- 5 years of experience with high-level supervision
- Familiar with laws, regulations, government and non-profit circulars
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fund development experience, with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience with government or nonprofit audit processes
- Experience leading strategic planning processes
- Experience with seeking and grant writing
- Experience/familiarity with Social Media
INTERESTED INDIVIDUALS MUST GO TO www.atcaa.org/employment TO SUBMIT:
- Cover Letter
- Sample Writing (1-3 Pages)
- Three References with Contact Information
FINAL FILING DATE: 01/15/2019 4:00 pm