Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Event and Communication Coordinator leads the creation and development of clear, concise, and easily digestible images, messages, and stories for a diverse audience. They are also responsible for all event planning including organization and development.
- Assist with website maintenance, operations, development and expansion.
- Assist with coordinating, monitoring, record keeping, tracking, reporting, evaluating, collaborating and supporting efforts to ensure the effective operation and delivery of services in the Communications Department.
- Create and prepare marketing communications, strategies, and plans.
- Coordinate the creation of newsletter, press releases, email eblasts, and internal messages.
- Develop relationships with a multitude of media outlets to share Community Action’s story.
- Ensure communication strategy is consistent and reflects the organization’s strategic vision.
- Oversee social media accounts, campaigns, and traffic.
- Document presence of companies at events, conferences, and speaking engagements.
- Assist in the development and advancement of a blog and podcast on a regular basis.
- Prepare written communications content for internal or external communications.
- Monitor social media marketing campaigns.
- Develop electronic media and communications.
- Address communications and media issues to advise the Executive Director.
- Execute innovative strategic marketing communications campaigns.
- Assist in media communications for company.
- Manage content for internal and external communications.
- Develop a multi-media plan to distribute internal and external communications.
- Assure integrated marketing communications activities.
- Prepare internal and external communications related to press releases.
- Develop and direct external marketing communications strategies for media.
- Develop press materials, news, and social media content.
- Rewrite or edit communications materials.
- Promote all corporate-wide internal communications initiatives.
- Develop and maintain a proactive communications calendar that includes external marketing content and internal communications.
- Support and enhance internal communications.
- Execute media communications strategy to achieve results.
Event Planning and Administration
- Serve as the lead for event planning, marketing, revenue generation, and sponsorship.
Create and manage timeline, program, and task list for all hosted events.
Lead all production meetings and project development for events.
Organize and lead event concept, graphic design/production/printing, and event marketing.
Negotiate costs and services with vendors; book space, arrange food and beverage, order all supplies/decorations, and coordinate audiovisual equipment.
Secure volunteers; manages the staff and volunteers working at events.
Secure speakers and entertainment, review speeches, and write scripts.
Works with venues to create and revise room layouts and seating arrangements as necessary.
Manage on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
- Organize and manage the invitation, registration and attendee check-in processes.
- Manage the follow-up with vendors, sponsors, and staff members following each event.
- Assist with preparing budgets and provide periodic progress reports for each event project.
- Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
- Research venue options, coordinate appointments, and schedule events on the calendar.
- Prepare and modify event contracts as requested.
- Analyze event success and prepare reports.
- Work in partnership with Director of Training and Technical Assistance to ensure set up, operation, and delivery of webinar training series and annual training conference.
- Create event sponsorship packages and lead the solicitation and securing of sponsorships.
- Exceed revenue goals set in conjunction with Executive Director and other leadership staff.
- Have active leadership in key advocacy issues and activities related to CalCAPA that affect the agency, its membership, and the communities they serve.
- Participate actively in planning, organizing, and implementing the agency’s advocacy work to promote mission and vision.
General Agency Duties
- Foster an environment that promotes trust and cooperation amongst staff, management, and clients.
- Attend staff, management, and program meetings, and staff retreats.
- Participate in agency functional teams and ad-hoc committees.
- Actively participate in planning agency-wide activities such as quarterly and annual retreats, volunteer activities, holidays and other events.
- Represent CalCAPA in meetings and conferences, as appropriate.
- Provide logistical support on project activities as needed.
- Other duties as requested by the Executive Director and Deputy Director
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in communications, journalism, marketing, business, graphic design, public relations or a related field and
- Two (2) years of work experience related to the above described duties.
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Suites and cloud based systems including the ability to manage an office in a complete paperless system.
- Excellent writing, communications and computer skills.
- Ability to use software of choice to produce media and communications material.
To apply, please click here.
CalCAPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer